Sunday, May 20, 2012

PRINTED UTOPIA/mother "a day in paradise" printed denim


I may be a little behind in showing the printed denim trend, but the pair that I really wanted sold out immediately and my name had to be added to a wait list .  Luckily, the wait list paid off and  I just received my lovely Mother "A Day in Paradise" printed denim.  Don't they kind of remind you of Tales from the Darkside?  Or Sound of Music?  Or Switzerland?  Interpret them as you will, but you cannot deny that these jeans are majorly swoon worthy. 

I think the trick with printed denim is not to coddle them and by that I mean that all denim should be treated equally.  Forget that there is a scene on your jeans and pair them with your favorite graphic tee or your favorite patterned sweater.  If you think too much about what to wear with these jeans, I think you will miss the mark.  And the last thing that you want is to end up looking too matchy-matchy.  Have fun with them...mix prints and remember, that there are no real rules in fashion.  

More of these jeans are available at Revolve Clothing.  


mother "a day in paradise" printed denim

zara tee

missoni for target sweater coat

allsaints spitafields hair idri heels 

aj morgan sunnies

ostrich feather boa